4/28/2013

Lucky finds

I thought I'd share a few of my recent lucky finds while out charity shop shopping....
 
 
A book of catalogue prints from the 1920, a (I'm guessing) 1970s pattern for yet another pussy bow blouse (as if I haven't got enough) and skirt and the biggest score was the knitting book "A stitch in time" which is not the Susan Crawford version but an older book full of knitting patterns from the 1920s-1940s. Such a bargain at £2.50. I was thrilled to have found both books.
 
 
More books: Marilyn by George Barris and a great book on New York in the first half of the 20th century.
 
 
huge heavy statement necklace
 
 
And some kitchen items. A pasta maker (not photographed but successfully used already)  I like to have my fruit on he kitchen counter to have it ready to grab and go. Plus it's a pretty splash of colour, too.
I found most items when I was visiting my in-laws in Leicestershire the other week and on my day out in Windsor. The charity shops in Reading aren't great. At least I'm usually not too lucky there. Do you enjoy charity shop scouting? Where do you go out for a successful 2nd hand shopping spree?

No comments:

Post a Comment