1/19/2013

Finished knitting project: Aran pullover with deep ribbing

 
Another knitting project finished. Actually this has been finished for a while but has been waiting to be blocked. It hasn't been very cold here in the UK until about a week ago so I didn't need a jumper (as it's called in the UK) this warm. But boy has that changed. It's faaaareeeeeeezing!!! now and this little number is most welcome.
 
 
It's the first pattern I knitted from "Fitted knits" and a great conficence boost when it somes to my knitting skills. Just like with this pattern, all you need to know is knit and purl and with a little patience....et voila, you have yourself a nice warm wooly jumper.
 
work in progress
 
getting there.....in need for sleeves and collar
 
And here is my version.
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Stricken tu ich nur fuer mich :-) aber ich kann dir gerne das Strickmuster schicken. Ist nicht sounderlich schwer wenn du rechts u links stricken kannst.
      LG
      X

      Delete
  2. You look amazing in it! You have inspired me to get knitting, for next winter... obvs! Oh well, the tortoise wins the race, in the end!

    Bundana x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on your first sweater!! My first sweater was a disaster! :-D I'm so glad to hear that knitting is working out for you; the world can always use another knitter.

    ReplyDelete