11/01/2012

Is it Christmas yet?

 
Since Christmas stuff is available in the shops everywhere already (and annoyingly has been for months) I decided to jump onto the waggon and make a dress suitable for upcoming holiday parties. It's the colour that makes it suitable for those occasions otherwise it's just a cute little red party dress. Whatever the occasion, I am in love with it.
 

I used a simple strapless bodice pattern and drafted the shoulder/back yoke. The skirt is a slight a line shape pleated at the bodice front seams and back seams for detail.

 
I also added a belt which is an organza ribbon with lace flowers cut out from the scraps. I also had a few scraps of the same lace in black from a dress I made for a customer earlier this year and two black velvet ribbon bows.



I also made some self fabric bias tape from the satin underneath the lace to go around the lace yoke. he dress is also fully lined.


Hopefully I will get some action shots soon.

5 comments:

  1. Love the red color! It's lovely with the lace overlay and yoke, and your inverted pleats (I think that's what they are called?) are so crisp on the skirt - they lay beautifully. I would say this is definitely perfect for holiday parties. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I can't wait for Christmas either! :D

    ReplyDelete