1/11/2012

Exploring Bath

As I mentioned in my previous post, we took travelling to Somerset for our friend's wedding as an excuse to make a weekend trip out of it and explore Bath and Bristol.
After curing our slight hangover with a huge full English breakfast on Saturday morning, we headed for what is now in my opinion the most beautiful town in the UK. Oh what a stunning place with all it's Georgian architecture, Abbey and Roman Baths.
I will leave you with a few images to see for yourself. Of course there wasn't enough time for us to see everything, especially since we had started the day with a lie in. We'll have to go back.


River Avon
The Roman Baths
The Circus (The Circus and the Royal Crescent are amazing Georgian terraced houses set up in a circle and a crescent. Very iconic Bath landmarks)
We also went to the Assembly Rooms where the Bath Fashion Museum is situated. I need to do a separate post on that.
Amazing ceiling in the Bath Abbey.

No comments:

Post a Comment