12/13/2010

Weekend find/fabric bargains

I spend last weekend with my in laws because I am going home to Germany for the holidays and wont get to see them before Christmas any more. Although I went without hubby I had a brilliant time as usual. We went charity shop thrifting and I found lots of lovely bits and bobs for friends and family for Christmas. Unfortunately all presents are wrapped up before I thought about taking pictures. I did treat myself to a little something though and bought a Fred Astaire book.
I also got a lot of fabric bargains while I was up north.

 navy striped Jersey for some nice nautical tops
 two checks for some shirts...I love making them...
 some Christmas fabric that I will turn int some napkins for Christmas dinner
 And pictures from the book, enjoy!!






3 comments:

  1. Did you find that fabric at the charity shops? Never been lucky to find some at one. Did find some at a car boot sale yesterday but seller was trying to pull one on me saying it was rare vintage fabric and trying to charge a fortune. It was a nice fabric but a normal novelty one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fabric isn't from a charity shop. I'm not that lucky either. It was still cheap as it was all reduced which makes me a happy girl.
    I find a lot of people have started to realise that vintage is a tag that instantly ups the price because there is a lot of interest. It's very hard to find a bargain these days....

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right about the vintage tag, which is a shame actually!

    ReplyDelete