10/02/2010

Wedding dress finished

It's finished hooorayyyy!!!! I finished the wedding dress today and I am very happy with the way it turned out. It will be on it's way o the lovely bride Katja shortly. Hopefully she will be as happy with the finished product as I am. Her wedding isn't until next year so I don't know how soon I will get pictures of her wearing it but once I do I will share them with you.
It was such a pleasure working with her, transforming her ideas and making them come true in form of this cute little wedding dress. Enjoy the pictures.
side view
back with little bow sash
lining and net. the lace edging is cut from the same lace as the floral appliques
detail of the flowers on the skirt
the bow looks cute turned to the front too.

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow. It's gorgeous. What a wonderful, cute, beautiful wedding dress. The bride will be so excited, I have no doubt. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallo Bea,
    sorry,dass ich auf deutsch schreibe.
    das Kleid ist wunderschön geworden!
    ich würde dir ein rat geben.mach dadrunter 1 petticoat!und das aus 2 gründen.aus meiner eigenen erfahrung- tüll ist ohne feinstrumpfhose sehr unangenehm auf der haut.
    tüll lässt nach ein paar stunden nach und hängt.
    ich habe vor kurzem ein to-do in bilder veröffenbtlich,wie man einfach und schnell ohne grossen stoffverbrauch ein pettocat näht.hier sind bilder,schnitt und beschreibung:
    http://www.burdastyle.com/projects/the-50s-petticoat.
    dieser petticoat ist aus einem pettycoatstoff genäht. je kürzer erste 2 schichten sind, desto bauschiger ist dann ein petticoat.
    aber das wird die form halten!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is positively gorgeous! If I were getting married today, I'd want a dress just like this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jitters said...
    @Julia Vielen Dank fuer das Kompliment. Zwischen Tuell und Koerper ist noch ein Futterstoff eingenaeht. Es sind also 3 Lagen. Oberstoff, Petticoat und Futterstoff.

    Thanks all for your sweet comments

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! What a lovely dress.
    Jana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Got it yesterday. It's seriously the best parcel I ever got! :) And the dress itself is wonderful, I can't describe it, it has this very bride-y feel to it and I love it. Pictures are to follow as soon as the fog leaves.

    ReplyDelete