9/21/2010

SSS day 17, 18 (a new dress) and 20

Day 17 was another summer dress combined with tights and cardigan.
Day 18 is yet another version of Simplicity 9059. This time I used lace for the yoke and some black satin bias binding around the neckline and cuffs. I also went for long sleeves instead for short. I haven't made many dresses with long sleeves before. I just wear thin long sleeve shirt underneath my dresses in the winter but I think long sleeves work for this style.
This picture reminds me a bit of the star trek uniforms. I hope you are not bored of seeing this dress made up over and over again. I promise this will be the last one for a while.
yoke detail
Day 20, the red dress again. With cardi to keep me warm.
I am missing this dress but it sold just after I made it. This would be a good autumn stable. Maybe I should make another one like it?! 

1 comment:

  1. You've done such a great job making unique looks with that Simplicity pattern! Each one feels fresh and new!

    ReplyDelete