12/21/2009

Christmas Spirit

Ohh I have once again started this blog from scratch after abandoning it for many months.
It's almost Christmas and a new year just around the corner. I am looking forward to both. The holidays and the new year. Not that this one was bad at all but the new year seems promising. This year was full of exiting events. Dave and I got married, moved into our own home and I started my own label together with my workmate Julie. We both met in the bridal shop we work but looking at some of the crappy outfits we sell on the mother of the bride/ occasion wear side and some of the old fashioned bridesmaids dresses and prom dresses we got inspired to offer something else.
It is old fashioned in the right way at least. We started making vintage inspired clothes and accessories. I am making all the clothes using vintage and vintage inspired patterns as well as drafting my own. I use new materials and some vintage finds. Unfortunately it's getting more and more difficult sourcing vintage fabrics that are big enough pieces to make up complete dresses.
Julie however is using vintage materials and transforms them into bags. She also designs all the headpieces available from us using mainly feathers.
We have just completed a couple of extremely successful vintage/fashion fairs and are ready for more.
I have just started setting up our own myspace which isn't really worth announcing yet but I will post details soon.
I also opened up our own online shop. The first dresses went online last night but there is a lot more coming up shortly.
For anyone interested please go to: www.etsy.com/shop/butterfliesjuliebea
But for now I am off to Stansted Airport to pick up my parents who I haven't seen since my wedding in July. I am planing to have the most amazing Christmas ever. The whole Hampson family and my parents will be with us for Christmas dinner. I am cooking. Lets see how that goes. I am very confident in my cooking skills so watch out turkeys!!!
Merry Christmas everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment